Monday, March 28, 2011

Fish Tales

So the other day, I made mention of an amazing dinner I was lucky enough to have prepared for me: Roasted Halibut.

I am a very spoiled girl (for many reasons). I live in an amazing city, I have the best family and friends, and on occasion I'm treated to a homemade dinner. Thank you Henry's for your amazing deals on fresh fish!

Before I knew it, this...

Nice and fresh. 
...was transformed into this:
Nice and flaky.

Roasted Halibut

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Halibut filet
  • Lemon
  • Olive oil
  • Chili Powder
  • Parsley (dry or fresh)
  • Salt & Pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray (I'm partial to Trader Joe's Olive Oil Cooking spray)
  2. Place filet on baking sheet. Feel free to cut in half if necessary to fit on tray. Season with a drizzle of olive oil, chili powder (more if you like a kick, less if you don't), parsley, salt and pepper.
  3. Slice half of the lemon into thin slices and place on Halibut. Reserve the other half to squeeze over the cooked Halibut. 
  4. Place Halibut in oven and allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until nice and flaky. Enjoy!
I always kind of had it in my head that fish was the kind of dinner that always turned into a big production. I am happy to report that this is not true! It was a "one pot" meal and came together in less than 20 minutes. We cooked the roasted asparagus and bread at the same time (Technically, we took the fish out, and then finished the other two for a few minutes under the broiler...but you get the idea).

And best of all? I just got to sit there, look pretty and enjoy :)

Adam hard at work in the kitchen. Please make note of this.
What's your go-to dinner when you only have a few minutes but want to aim a little higher than mac and cheese (not knocking, I love me some mac and cheese goodness)?

p.s. This same method works well for tilapia, mahi mahi and any other mild "white" fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment