Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Case of the (Anti) Mondays

Yesterday was a good day. I've got to tell you ladies and gents, May has been a good month so far.

My baby turned a month older. (I know, but it's like the equivalent of a year for a dog! It's a big deal...)

Bunny Love

And I got a new position/promotion at work. I'm extremely happy about this (duh). And while I will probably be working a considerable amount more, I'll do so happily.

So when things are going swimmingly, it's nice to top off with a cocktail. Especially when work is within walking distance of one of my favorite restaurant/bars EVA.

Some may call it hipster heaven, but I don't care.  The food and drinks are amazing. The service, although slow at times (I'm looking at you - lunch!), is personable and above par. And the people watching? Priceless. 


Anything with mustard cannot be bad.
Mini-corn dogs? Don't mind if I do! There were lots of other bites, but I wasn't in picture mode. If you do go, you MUST order the mussels. They are heaven. Habanero-infused heaven. I'm dying just thinking of them. Also, if you order them you MUST allow the accompanying fries to soak up all the brothy buttery goodness in the bowl. I'm serious.

Here are a few snapshots of the interior. Seriously guys, this place is tragically hip. The inside is reminiscent of a cabin. With lots of books. Books everywhere, in fact.


A bibliophile's dream.

 I especially love the brick walls.

Demand (less)!

For a place that gets pretty crowded, it's amazing how intimate the atmosphere remains. I think it's one of those places that is equally appropriate for a romantic night out OR a large group. I'll take both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment