Thursday, May 5, 2011

Laker Hater

My friends know this, and if they don't then they clearly have never spent time around me in the months between October and May/June. I do NOT like the Lakers for many, many reasons. Most of them arbitrary, but I'm fine with that. I won't bother you with the details. But suffice it to say, this girl loves to see them lose.

So last night was a good night. Lakers lost (to one of my favorite teams!) and I was fortunate enough to be at a lovely beachside venue to watch it go down. I've been to the BeachWood before, but usually for happy hour. So it was nice to sit down, watch the game and have a few snacks.

My date and I ordered a few appetizers to share. I think I prefer this to ordering entrees. You should do this. Here are some crappy iphone snapshots:

IMG_0974
Dip trio: garlic hummus, olive tapenade, roasted red pepper salsa

IMG_0978
Salt and Pepper Calamari

IMG_0979
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
They were all amazing. The calamari was nice and crispy and very flavorful. But who are we kidding - lobster mac and cheese? I DIE. So good. Worth a trip back, even if the place was a little trendy.

IMG_0977
The view from the Patio. That would be the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment