Originally, I was going to do a simple radish salad. But then I thought of the lettuce and broccoli and other veggies I already had in my refrigerator, and turned it into a smorgasbord of crunch.
I also whipped up a quick dijon-based dressing. It was 50% mustard. Just the way I like it :)
|Chopped veggie salad.|
Since I didn't have any cooked chicken or other protein, I added a hard-boiled egg.
P.S. Am I the only one who accidentally drops chopped vegetables into my dressing when I'm making it? Just me?
|Dressing (said in Homer Simpson "doughnut" voice)|
- Dijon Mustard, 2 heaping TBSP
- White Wine Vinegar, 4 TBSP
- Olive Oil, 3 TBSP
- Honey, 1 TSP
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients except for the Olive Oil into a small mixing bowl with a whisk.
- While whisking, slowly add the olive oil in a slow stream and allow to incorporate into the dressing.
- Taste and adjust to your own taste preferences.
Also, these measurements are approximated. I'm sure I never make it the same way twice. Feel free to play around with the proportions. The great thing about dressing is that it's easily amendable - too oily? Add some more vinegar! Need more flavor? More mustard! Adding pinch of salt is also extremely important - it really brings out the flavors.