Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1.11.11

That's a lot of 1s! Hopefully this signifies that it is going to be a champion (I'm number 1!) kind of day. We shall see....

I've noticed lately that there is a lot of negative energy surrounding New Years Resolutions. I think I understand this. So often we make these ridiculous checklists of things we resolve to do this year, and by the middle of January we've abandoned them. And thus, New Years Resolutions are seen as pointless, unattainable, lofty, unrealistic.

Personally, I love them. I think in our society there is a lot of focus on improving ourselves. Wander through a Borders bookstore for 5 minutes and you'll be confronted with self-help books on every table. As a society, we have the luxury of much free time (most of us are not spending our days scavenging or hunting for food, putting in a full day of hard labor, etc) . And much of that free time is spent on our favorite subject - us! Look at me - I am writing a blog about myself. I read blogs about other people. I watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (a whole other post) about a bunch of privileged women. I spend most of my time either thinking about myself or listening to what others think of themselves.

So I tend to look at New Years Resolutions as just a convenient time to take yet another look at ourselves. The timing doesn't really seem all that peculiar either. It's the start of a new year. We love new beginnings! We love closure! Of course we're going to look back at the year that just passed us by, evaluate and move on to the next one.

So hey, if you hate New Years Resolutions, I understand. But humor me, will ya?

My quick, I didn't have to time to eat breakfast at home but luckily I've got some treats at work, breakfast:

IMG_0409
Greek Yogurt with Kashi Go Lean, frozen blueberries and blackberries. Starbucks Nonfat Misto to accompany. I've been on a tea kick lately, but today, because I'm a champion I went for the good stuff ;)


Mixed in:
IMG_0412
So pretty and swirly...

Hope you're day is a champion day!

No comments:

Post a Comment