Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What Did I Just Sign Up For?

Yesterday I bit the bullet and committed to doing this. The SoCal Ragnar Relay. (Dun! Dun! DUN!!!) People, I have not properly run in months. MONTHS. And now, in about 3 months I'm going to run about 16 miles in 48 hours. I can do this.

Training starts today. After work. I woke up late.

And because I woke up late, this was my breakfast:

An Aple Cinnamon Nut Kind Bar.

IMG_0460

Double Espresso shot with a dab of steamed milk (2%) and a splenda
IMG_0463

I also had half of a somewhat frozen (my refrigerator stinks) grapefruit.

Now, I LOVE Kind Bars. They taste delicious, and they keep me satiated for quite a while. And now that the Starbucks around the corner carries them, they're ultra-convenient. Still, this isn't exactly the most nutritious, energy-providing breakfast.

I have to do better than this. Luckily I do have some leftover eggplant parmesan, an orange, lots of almonds, some greek yogurt and an apple in the refrigerator at work (this refrigerator does not stink...it does not freeze my supposed to be unfrozen food). But looking at that list, I see that I'm definitely lacking protein and good fat. I think this is going to be something that I have to work on. In the past few months I've noticed I've been an all-or-nothing girl. It's salad and yogurt all day or pizza and wings with the Boo. I don't like this.

I'm definitely going to have to make some changes.

I didn't go running last night, since I left work a little late and it was pretty dark outside. BUT, I did do this:

shape bikini ready fast

For a quick 30 minute video, this got my heart pumping! I think I'm going to try to incorporate this into my workout this 2-3 times a week. After all, beach weather is literally just around the corner. I say this as I think of my sister snowed in at home in Atlanta for her 3rd day... Did I mention it will be almost 70 degrees today here in San Diego?

No comments:

Post a Comment