Wednesday, January 5, 2011

After the Rain

I live in San Diego. In the winter, much like the summer, that means I enjoy mostly sunny days.

Not this year. It has been rain, rain, rain and more rain. Thank goodness the Sun peaked out yesterday.


San Diego in the Wintertime.

It's hard to justify staying indoors when it's like this out. Unfortunately, it is winter and the Sun sets around 5PM. I can't remember the last time I left work at 5pm. Bummer! Luckily, just a few more months and we'll be back in business. See? Even when living in Paradise you can always find something to complain about ;)

Inspired by the lovely day and relatively warm, sunny weather, I decided to keep dinner light and healthy. I always keep frozen turkey patties in my freezer for those nights where I don't feel like making a big production out of dinner. I added a little salt, pepper and dried basil to the patty before putting it on my grill pan (high heat!) for a few minutes. While the turkey patty was cooking I put together a quick dinner salad and vinaigrette.

15 Minute Dinner
Spinach Salad with Turkey Patty. Yum!

The best part? This whole dinner came together in 15 minutes. Not too shabby.

What's your go-to dinner when time and inspiration is low?




No comments:

Post a Comment