Friday, January 7, 2011

I LOVE That!

I have a seriously problem. I exaggerate. ALL THE TIME.

But really, I do. I definitely throw around "favorite" and "love" too much. "That's my favorite movie!" "I love this restaurant!" You get the idea.

I'm working on it.

There is one area, however, where exaggeration is not at play.

I love Guacamole. With a side of tortilla chips, it is my favorite food.

Last night the stars aligned - avocados where on sale, and they were nice and ripe. YESSSS.



This is some serious stuff. It's taken about a year or two to get it down, but I think I've finally got it. I know a lot of guacamole purists don't like adding tomato but I do. So there!

But seriously, you can just omit it if it's going to get your panties all in a twist.

Favorite Guacamole

Ingredients:
  • 4 ripe avocados
  • 1 med. tomato, diced
  • 1/2 white onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, diced (take the seeds out if you don't like a lot of heat)
  • 1/2 serrano pepper, diced (again, take the seeds out if you don't like heat)
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
  • 1 lime
  • salt, pepper
Directions:
  1. Slice avocados in half, lengthwise. Remove pits and add to serving bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork. If the avocados are nice and ripe, it won't take much mashing.
  2. Add the diced tomato, onion, peppers, garlic, and cilantro. Stir to mix all of the ingredients together.
  3. Add the juice of one squeezed lime. You can microwave the lime for 20 seconds or so if it's a little hard to help coax out more juice.
  4. Salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Mix one last time and Enjoy.

Blurry iphone pic!

Adam and I ate almost the entire bowl between the two of us.

Absolutely no regrets.



No comments:

Post a Comment