Friday, January 21, 2011

Little Italy for Non-Italian food

I love working in Little Italy (San Diego). The views of both the harbor and Downtown are hard to beat. It's lively, photogenic, there are great neighborhood markets and it always smells good (aka like pizza). There are also lots of Italians. I love listening to people walking down the street speaking Italian, in California.

The food though, meh. It's the typical touristy- Italian fare. However, lately there have been a few non-Italian places that have been popping up. Craft and Commerce? LOVE IT! But that's for a later post...



But my real lunch-time lover, without a doubt is Burger Lounge. I die. All-Natural. Grass Fed. Insanely good. I know it might not look like much, but that salad up there is the BOMB. I have never had a vegetarian burger that was so flavorful, moist (without falling apart) and filling. The salad is pretty darn tasty too- lots of lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, red onion, sliced jicama, corn, aged ricotta and a light basil lemon vinaigrette. YUM!


I have much love for Burger Lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment