Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kitchen Face

I'm lucky, because I don't really break out that often. However, in the winter I do notice my skin get's a little irritated and dry and dull and less then...well, non-irritated, dry, and dull.

I found this recipe last year. I tried it, loved it, and then forgot about it. During my afternoon snack yesterday (apples with cinnamon) it popped back into my head. I love that it makes my face all tingly. In a good way. I also love that I always have these ingredients in my kitchen. Nice!

DIY Face Mask
The tingling sensation means it's working!

DIY Facemask

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tsp ground nutmeg
1 Tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
1. Mix all 3 ingredients together until they form a nice paste. I added a few extra squirts of honey and another dash or two of nutmeg and cinnamon because I thought it was too thick/not enough to cover my entire face.
2. Apply to ace and let sit for 30 minutes.
3. Send picture of self to friends and loved ones.
4. Rinse off and marvel at your new fresh face!

I'm definitely going to be doing this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment