Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Experimenting With Goat Cheese

Yup, that's how this girl spends her Monday night - experimenting with Goat Cheese. And it was wonderful. The cheese that didn't make it directly into my mouth made it onto my new favorite "pizza." I'm using the word pizza loosely, but I'll throw around the word "awesome" pretty generously. Ingredients: Puff pastry, caramelized onions and shallots, goat cheese, cilantro and egg. Basically, these were all things I already had in my kitchen. Basically, it was amazing.

Caramelized heaven.


Goat Cheese, Onion and Egg Tart

Ingredients:
  • 1 sheet puff pastry
  • goat cheese
  • cilantro, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
  • eggs (4)
  • half an onion, sliced
  • 1 shallot, sliced
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In the meantime, over medium high heat add about 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute the onion and shallot. Add salt and pepper. Stir frequently.
  2. After about 15 minutes, when the onions and shallot are soft and beginning to caramelize, add a splash of balsamic vinegar. Let the vinegar reduce and set aside.
  3. Meanwhile, take the (thawed) puff pastry and place on a baking tray (that has been sprayed with canola oil). Liberally sprinkle with chunks of goat cheese, onions/shallots and cilantro.
  4. Crack 4 eggs one at a time and place in each corner of the pastry. 
  5. Add salt and pepper to taste. 
  6. Place in the oven and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. 

Ready for a date with the oven. 

I only added one egg, since I was only planning on eating 1/4 of this sucker. And to be honest, I was a little apprehensive about how it would turn out. I worried for naught. It was delicious!

Umm....yah...Make this tonight!

Perfection. 

Tino made sure to stand by to make sure all went well.


Thanks Tino!


No comments:

Post a Comment