Goat Cheese, Onion and Egg Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- goat cheese
- cilantro, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- eggs (4)
- half an onion, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In the meantime, over medium high heat add about 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute the onion and shallot. Add salt and pepper. Stir frequently.
- After about 15 minutes, when the onions and shallot are soft and beginning to caramelize, add a splash of balsamic vinegar. Let the vinegar reduce and set aside.
- Meanwhile, take the (thawed) puff pastry and place on a baking tray (that has been sprayed with canola oil). Liberally sprinkle with chunks of goat cheese, onions/shallots and cilantro.
- Crack 4 eggs one at a time and place in each corner of the pastry.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
Ready for a date with the oven.
I only added one egg, since I was only planning on eating 1/4 of this sucker. And to be honest, I was a little apprehensive about how it would turn out. I worried for naught. It was delicious!
Umm....yah...Make this tonight!