Tuesday, February 15, 2011

VDay a Success

At 10AM yesterday, I was ready to call Valentine's Day a success. Really, it doesn't take much (aka a cupcake). But last night was pretty great. My #1 Valentine took me and my #2 Valentine out for dinner. I was planning on a quiet dinner in, so this was surprising.

Another surprise? This:

IMG_0459
Flowers + Wine. Adam gets me.

Adam called around to a few places to find somewhere that would accommodate all three of us. (Adam + Me + puppy). Fortunately for us one of the restaurants, a restaurant I have been itching to try for some time, went out of their way to accommodate us. Since it's still technically winter, they don't typically do their outside seating right now. However, the owner graciously set up a table for us anyway and brought out one of those large standing heaters. As I just stated, it is February so it can still get pretty chilly in the evenings. Especially when by the water. Luckily for us, this was not the case last night. I was warm and toasty.

IMG_0457
Private dinner for 3

All in all it was a fantastic night. We ordered a bottle of Chianti and munched on bread/breadsticks and some Calamari to start. The Calamari was okay, the breadsticks were scrumptious! They were seasoned with red pepper flakes. I don't believe I"ve ever met a pepper flake I didn't like. For the entrees I ordered the Ossobucco di Tacchino and Adam ordered Filetto Con Pepe Verde.

The filet:

IMG_0450

the Ossobucco:

IMG_0449

I'm not one to brag (I totally am) but my selection hit it out of the ballpark.

There were no leftovers:

IMG_0453
Yummy yummy in my tummy.


IMG_0452
Adam contemplating our delicious dinner.

Tino enjoyed his puppy treats, but still managed to find time for a quick nap.

IMG_0455
Little bear cub was tired after meeting some passing German Shepherds.

I can't wait to go back. The staff was attentive and more than accommodating. And in warmer weather - they have Yappy Hour. Oh yah. We'll be back.

IMG_0454
Job well done, Adam.

We ended the night in PJs, watching the DVR and pretending not to like eachother:

IMG_0488
We are too cool for school.







No comments:

Post a Comment