Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not Quite Grilling Season

Even though the rain has stopped and the sun was out, the Sun is still setting pretty early and there is a definite chill in the air. So I'm not quite ready for the grille to come out full-time. (Grilles equal summer in my mind).

After enjoying a lovely breakfast/brunch/lunch, painting (rooms not pictures) for a few hours and some other nonsense,  Adam and I decided to take a trip to Henry's and gather some fixins' for a quick and easy stir-fry. Less than an hour later, we were enjoying steaming bowls of Stir Fry and watching the end of the NBA All-Star game.

Veggies and Beef Marinating in a Teriyaki Sauce bath

Adam took the lead, and I played Sous Chef. I love when Adam cooks. In the mix: red and yellow bell peppers, onion, sugar peas, mushrooms, bean sprouts, garlic, fresh ginger, a serrano pepper, and beef. We also cooked up some rice to go with. 

Let me tell you, that was one STRONG serrano pepper. Adam said my face got all red. I think he was just being a punk, but my nose did get a little runny (too much?). 

It might have been hot, but that sure didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Yum.  (It looked much better in person)

No comments:

Post a Comment